Have you ever wondered why your dentist might recommend a dental crown instead of a dental bridge, or vice versa? Well, you’ve found the right place.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” placed over a tooth. It’s designed to restore the tooth’s shape, size, strength and appearance. If your tooth is too weak to restore with a veneer but strong enough to still provide some chewing and speaking support to your mouth, Dr. Andrew Lewis will likely recommend that you get a dental crown.
A dental bridge, sometimes called a fixed partial denture, consists of two crowns, one on each side, and a false tooth in the middle called a pontic. If your tooth is missing or so weak that a tooth extraction is required, Dr. Andrew Lewis will thereafter fit you with a custom-made dental bridge.
Here are some benefits to consider in getting a dental crown:
• Aesthetics: You can improve the natural shape and color of the tooth.
• Protection: A crown provides the best possible protection for a broken or cracked tooth
• Durability: Crowns last longer than any other type of dental restoration, including fillings and implants.
Here are some benefits of a dental bridge:
• Aesthetics: It maintains the shape of your face and restores the appearance of a healthy smile.
• Restoration: It restores your ability to chew or speak properly.
• Distribution: It distributes the force of your bite to alleviate stress on other teeth.
If you are interested in getting a dental crown or bridge, please call Prime Family Dental in Laveen, AZ at 602-237-8880. Our expert team is here to restore the shape of your smile.