Autumn is fully underway and the cool temperatures are luring us into our cozy homes. The calmness that approaches us this season can often leave us relaxed and slothful. Now is not the time to go easy on our oral health care, especially considering the feasts of foods creeping our way. If you have taken a break from your oral health habits, gum disease may be setting in. Here are the six most common signs that gum disease could be occurring:
– If you have any difficulty speaking or experience pains when chewing, gum disease may be present.
– Constant bad breath or bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.
– If your teeth move, change location, or your bite alignment changes, the tissue in your mouth may be wearing down from gum disease.
– Check your gums to see if they have receded, or appear to be pulled back from the teeth.
– Gum disease over time will loosen teeth from the gums. Be aware of any loose or sensitive teeth you may have.
– Look for red, swollen, or extremely tender gums that appear. If the gums bleed easily or constantly, it may be a sign of gum disease.
Gum disease is preventable as long as you keep up your daily habits of brushing, flossing, and caring for your mouth. If you wish to come in for an oral exam, please make an appointment with Dr. Timothy Yu by contacting our fantastic dentists at Prime Family Dental Care at 602-237-8880. You can also stop by our office in Laveen, Arizona. Prevent gum disease today, and enjoy tomorrow with a smile!